mercoledì 14 novembre 2007

Beef in Guinnes


Ingredients:
1 1/2lb shin of beef
1 large onions
3 medium carrots
1 tbsp seasoned flour
a little fat or beef dripping
1/4 cup dry cider
1/2 cup Guinness with water
sprig of parsley
Method:
Cut the
beef into chunks and peel and slice the onions and carrots.
Toss the beef in the flour and brown quickly in hot fat. Remove the beef and fry the onions gently until transparent. Return the beef and add the carrots and the liquid. Bring just to the boil, reduce the heat to a very gentle simmer, cover closely and cook for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. Check that the dish does not dry out, adding more liquid if necessary.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with plainly boiled potatoes.
It's a lovely day for a Guinness, don't you think?

3 commenti:

Down Pillow ha detto...

A few days ago I came your site and have been following along steadily. I decided I could write my opening comment. Im not sure exactly what to write except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice website. I intend to continue visiting this website frequently

web designers pitampura ha detto...

I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

GST Impact Analysis ha detto...

Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.